July 8, 2012

Bath Bomb Bummer



What's this you may ask? It's the remains of a bath bomb that didn't quite go as planned. The color (Cellini Blue) is just gorgeous and the lavender buds even looked great, but I think I added a bit too much of the fragrance oil (Summer Melon Spritzer) and rubbing alcohol -- in lieu of witch hazel. When I tried to take them out of the mold they just crumbled.

But, all isn't lost, I had fun playing with them and even got a video of it in action, check it out:

Bath Bomb Bummer from Becca C. on Vimeo.

As you can see, it left little bits of mica dye behind, and that is not at all good for a bathtub, especially when it stains!



Even though these didn't turn out, I'm not discouraged and plan on making more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!