May 29, 2012

Zesty Garlic Guacamole*

What a great weekend it has been here at the hollow with the beautiful weather and great food -- we ate outside! We spent Sunday afternoon in the pool and then came in and had a corn chip a la carte dinner (corn chips, refried beans, guacamole and salsa in the manner of a buffet) and enjoyed a warm and lovely evening. 

Here is the recipe for the Zesty Garlic Guacamole that I adapted from a great little recipe I found over at Mallory's Musings! There were only few changes I made to it, I am not a big fan of tomatoes, didn't have cilantro, and changed the lime juice to lemon juice (I was out of lime at the time). It turned out so fabulous that I just had to share with you my recipe. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
2-4 super ripe hass avocados (depending on size)
1/2 cup of diced red onion
A few cloves of minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1/2 cup of lemon juice



First, half the avocado and remove the pit (you can keep the pits and use them to grow another avocado tree), then scoop out the innards with a spoon.



Pour in your half of a cup of lemon juice (or lime juice) and mash up. When I made this, I had a little extra lemon juice so I just set that aside to use in a different recipe.





Go ahead and mince up your garlic and add it and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and add it to the avocado mix. 






Dice your scrumptious red onions (1/2 a cup) and add to bowl and mix throughly. 


Bottle it and you now have a yummy Zesty Garlic Guacamole! 


If you take a look at this canning jar, you can see that it isn't like a normal jar. It was actually given to me full of delicious home-grown raspberries from my Grandmother before she passed away last year. I'v kept it because it reminds me of her and all the times I had helped her pick raspberries and can them. She would be proud to know I'm using it to make yummy snacks, now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!