March 10, 2012

A Mother's Heart

"...mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled."  ~Emily Dickinson  

Since I have moved away home I have not been able to spend a lot of time with my family. I am able to see them once, maybe twice a year, when in reality I would like to see them every month if possible. 

Last weekend (Saturday) my mother was in-state visiting a family friend after attending the Sewing Expo and I decided to take a small road trip and visit my mum. 

On Saturday morning, I took the ferry to the Olympic Peninsula where we spent the afternoon on Bainbridge Island while having lunch. 

These rock statues were everywhere around the marina...
...and they were just fabulous to look at

How did they do this??
Hands Stand!
Triceratops
Bicyclist
It was a very positive visit and really helped me grow as a daughter and woman and I appreciated greatly the one-on-one time I was able to have with my mum. I perhaps I've a jealous offspring, but I am jealous of all the time my siblings still have with my mother. I happened to be a typical teenager who thought her parents were 'lame' and all-that-jazz and then I married myself off at nineteen years of age. I'm almost twenty-seven now and I am realizing how much time I really did miss out with my mother. 



"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."  ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!