September 28, 2011

So honored!

In the last month and a half, I've been honored by two wonderful bloggers concerning my blog and I wanted to feature that in a blog post.

First


The Versatile Blogger Award has only three rules:

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
2.  Share seven things about yourself.
3.  Pass the award onto seven recently discovered and deserving blogs.

So, thank you again Sincerely, Kylee, you have an incredible blog and I am touched that you thought my blog deserved the Versatile Blogger Award.

1. I am going to take this time to be open and honest about something that sometimes is hard to do. I am *not* a Christian blogger. In fact, I am not even a Christian. Revealing this part of me is hard, because I've seen other bloggers reveal that information about themselves and have it go both good and bad. 

I am not a Christian, nor am I even a theist. If you were to describe my belief or try to categorize what I believe, the best answer would be a naturalistic pantheist. Naturalistic pantheism ".....is a naturalistic form of pantheism that encompasses feelings of reverence and belonging towards nature and the wider universe, but is realist an embraces rationalism and the scientific method. It presupposed metaphysical naturalism and as such it affirms the nonexistence of supernatural realms, afterlives, beings or forces...." (link)

I feel that world is beautiful, magical and incredible without having God or any type of deity. I do not believe in prayer or rites or Jesus Christ as the son of God. I do not think that there is one true church or  any religion that is the right one.


 I do believe that there is so much unexplained wonders out there and there is awe and mystery in the unknown of the universe. These very facts make my life magical and full of wonderment



That being said, I promote religious tolerance and will respect your choice if you respect mine. I do not believe that your religion automatically earns respect, but that you, as a person do. If I present a different view then yours, that isn't attacking you it is just exploring (for me) the possibilities of differing viewpoints in this world. 

And if you ever have any questions about my belief (or as some call it a disbelief of sorts), do not feel hesitant to ask. I am 100% open with my beliefs and how I don't believe, and no questions will offend me.

Currently, I attend a Unitarian Universalist congregation in the area I lived. If you haven't heard of Unitarian Universalism, it is a liberal faith tradition that includes everyone from atheists to Christians to Jews, Buddhist, Pagans and more. Congregations are GBLT-friendly and will welcome you with an open heart and a rational mind.

I love it. 
Rev. Doug Wadkins of the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship
2.  I am a vegetarian. When I was twelve years old I told my parents that I no longer wanted to eat meat and that I was going to become a vegetarian. My mother wasn't 100% happy with my choice and the rest of my family thought I was odd, but they allowed me to make that choice. When I was nineteen I started eating meat again and at age twenty-two, I eased my way back in into vegetarianism. It started because I didn't like the taste of meat all the much (still don't), but has morphed into an ethical way of eating for me.

3.  I suppose this is will come to other people as a big one, but it is so natural to me that I don't really think about it anymore. 

I'm bisexual. I am attracted to men and women. 

That being said, I am monogamous MARRIED bisexual.


 I am deeply and utterly in love with my husband and would never do anything that would put our relationship in danger. It wasn't until a few years ago that I even realized that I was bisexual, and it hasn't affected our relationship at all. My husband respects and loves me even more for being open and honest in our relationship.

The one thing I need to point out about being bisexual that many people don't understand is, we aren't sluts and we are not whores. We are simply people who are attracted to men and women. We are beautiful, happy, normal and well-adjusted, just bisexual. =)

If you have any questions about this one, I'd be happy to answer it too. In fact, any question you can ask me because I try to live as authentically honest as I can. One 
4. I love food. Adore it. Snacking one of my favourite things to do. Blueberries, pumpkin seeds, a romaine salad with goat cheese and snap peas. 

5.  I enjoy photography, if that isn't obvious already.  Since a little girl, I've always enjoyed documenting what I see around me. This year, my husband bought be an early birthday present of a really nice new camera. I've fallen head-over-heels in love with it and can't get enough of it.

Here are a few of my favourite photos so far







6.  I consider myself a semi-Gamer Girl. 

Source


I can sit down for a several-hour spell of Oblivion or Fable or other fantasy based RPG. We own a Wii and an XBOX and I can totally kick your ass at Jeopardy at any time. ;p
7.  I'm outspoken. 


And I'm proud of it.

I will call you out if I think you are disrespecting another person in anyway. I do not take kindly to personal insults and I don't allow any type of "-ism" in my life. Racism, classism, homophobia (it's not an -ism, but you got the picture), are not allowed. I respect all creatures and beings and as one of the Unitarian Universalist principles says, 

"...The inherent worth and dignity of every person..." (source)
There were so many different blogs that I could have chosen for this award, and it was mighty hard for me to narrow it down to just a few. 

The lucky seven are:








Fringe Meanderings
Second

Thank you to Mama Kat over at Mama Kat's Losin' It. Last week I used one of her prompts to write about a time in my life that was an inappropriate time to laugh at (see Food Poisoning) and she used that story as an inspiration for this weeks prompts. It is always such an honor to me when other bloggers think that I am worth mentioning because of something I have done. 

Thank you Kat! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the reward! I loved reading your seven things. It is so refreshing to see a blog that is so open and honest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Amberlee. <3

    I was a little afraid to be honest, but I always have, so I figured I should always be. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fun post to read and thank you so much for choosing me to be one of your bloggers to include for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome Heidi! I really love your blog! I know I don't comment a lot, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing all this about yourself. :) We have very similar philosophies when it comes to our worldviews and spiritualities, and I'm happy to see someone so closely linked to my own!

    Ooh, and thanks for the nomination, obviously! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh my goodness thankyou:)))))

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!