August 24, 2011

My Grandmother

My dearest Grandmother, I will miss you greatly. you were a light and love in my life and you cared dearly about me. You are in a better place now and you are not in pain any longer. I love you Grandma.


Earlier this week, I had the chance to attend my dear Grandmother's funeral. It was a sad event, but something that brought closure to her year-long illness. My grandmother had been dying from a brain tumor that was diagnosed last year. We didn't expect long with her, but we were able to have much longer then we expected.

It was good to have family there and they helped to support me through my grieving and sadness. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful flowers from my Grandmother's garden that were some table pieces at the funeral




-----


12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your sad loss...I lost my grandmother in May and she is in a better place too. Your grandmother's flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Annabella. I had to think take a break from online life for a little while to think about her and the sadness.

    Aren't her flowers beautiful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your grandma, Becky. These are really lovely flowers from her garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Becky. At least attending helped bring some closure. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Becky. Her flowers are gorgeous and it looks like she got to share them with many! What kind is in the second picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pradeepa, thank you.

    @Lari, thanks. It was needed closure.

    @The Momma, I'm actually not sure what kind of flowers they are...dahlias, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your Grandma. I hope you are all holding up okay. And those pictures of the flowers are absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jennie. I've been able to process quite a few feelings this past week and I am feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your grandma, she's in better place now , when you think of her , offer her a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your Granny. She will sleep now without pain. Her flowers are very lovely. Thanks for sharing with us on Weekendflowers.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss...the flowers are beautiful and do her memory great honor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jama, Tina and Laura, thank you so much for stopping by and offering your kindness here. <3 She was a wonderful woman and I will miss her greatly. Thank you again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!