August 15, 2011

Musically Happy


Music washes away from the soul the dusty of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

 

Music has always been a part of my life, even from the time before I was born. My mum and dad met in their high school orchestra class, and when my mum said she knew that at the time she first saw my dad, she knew she was going to marry him. 

Ever since then, music has been a part of mine and my families lives. My father would play the piano for hours as we would dance around our living room listening to the sounds of Beethoven's Fur Elise and the Animal's House of the Rising Sun. 

Luckily for me, I married a wonderful man for whom music was a large part of his life. Music has inspired, enlightened and bettered my life. 

I listen to everything from Ozzy Osbourne to Veggie Tales to Enya to Jack Johnson and beyond. My music range goes everywhere and anywhere.


5 comments:

  1. Hey! I wanted to stop by and say that I absolutely love your blog! I wanted to give you the "versatile blogger" award. Visit: http://sincerelykylee.blogspot.com/2011/08/awards-awards-here-are-winners.html
    to find out more.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh way cool on the Blogger award!!!!

    Anyway, I love this post. I love music so much. It's such a huge part of who I am and can move me more than anything else can. I can't even answer what kind of music I love because I love it all--all kinds. Anything that moves me. And a lot does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kylee, oh my gosh! Thank you so much! That's super sweet of you!

    @Jennie, thank you for stopping by (as always). That's exactly how I feel about music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also embrace many genres of music, but some perennial favorites are:

    Yoko Kanno
    Nobuo Uematsu
    Madonna
    Nightwish
    Goldfrapp
    Joan Osbourne
    Ace of Base

    Also movie soundtracks in general because they tend towards the eclectic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love Goldfrapp!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!