July 31, 2011

Whoopsily Daisy!


After reading the In My Mailbox Meme last week, I was a bit jealous about how many books people either received, bought, borrowed, etc., so, I decided to go on a bit of a spending spree to get some new books for this week. 

Creative Thought : Awakening Humanity to Its Spiritual Magnificence






Sex at Dawn : How we Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha
Rose by Night written by Mirelle Levert
Lies my Teacher Told Me : Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by Jame W. Loewen
Where the Girls Are, Growing Up Female with the Mass Media by Susan J. Douglas
The Meaning of Wife : A Provocative Look at Women and Marriage in the Twenty-first Century by Anne Kingston
Circle of Magic #3 - Daja's Book by Tamora Pierce
The Annotated Hans Christian Anderson edited by Maria Tatar
From the Land of Shadows : The Making of Grey Owl by Donald B. Smith
Monkey Girl : Evolution, Education, Religion, and the Battle for America's Soul by Edward Humes
From the Palmer Raids to the Patriot Act : A History of the Fight for Free Speech in America by  Christopher M. Finan
Thanking the Monkey : Rethinking the Way We Treat Animals by Karen Dawn
The Tibetan Book of the Dead translated by Robert A.F. Thurman
 -------

 -----

4 comments:

  1. Great set! New follower too. I love how artfully you set out this post. Sex at Dawn looks very interesting. I want to read some Tamora Pierce.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! I've been wanting to read Sex at Dawn for awhile now and it finally came out in paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These seem like exciting reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anti-Drug, thank you! I'm super glad that you like my blog. :) And I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!