July 12, 2011

The Pace of Nature

Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nature is the most incredible and beautiful experience that I have ever had. It can awe me, shock me, scare me and make me laugh and cry at the same time. It can even make me giggle. Recently I went on a trip to the Intermountain West (Utah and Idaho) and was able to take these beautiful pictures.  














------
Tell us about your favourite place to vacation. How many times have you been there and what is your favourite thing to do there?

4 comments:

  1. I think my favorite place when I was a kid was my family's camping trips on Camano Island. I loved exploring with my brother--finding the best tree stump to climb in, the best log to jump from, the best campfire poking stick... Sleeping beneath the trees and waking up early with my dad to get the first hot cocoa. We would go for about a week every summer and now my parents live there :D

    Now I'd have to say my favorite vacation spot is anywhere I can vacate the mind and wake up without an alarm or agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Camano Island and I hope to spend a lot more time there!!

    And I agree with your last sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nature! I really got a good feel of it this last week when we were in Idaho. Dave's family ranch up in Salmon is right on the mountainside and it's away from EVERYTHING. It's SOOO beautiful and vast and there is just such a peace. It was exactly what I needed, and it was a comfort to know that places like that still exist in this busy, over-populated earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jennie.

    I so agree. That's why I love Bellingham, it has enough mix of nature and city that I feel very comfortable here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!