July 29, 2011

A Little Bit about the Hummingbird

  Vow Renewal Ceremony
A vow renewal is an event that I have always wanted to do. We were married when we were extremely young and in a private ceremony. We don't regret getting married, but we wish we would have done something more public to have our entire friends and family. On our 10th anniversary (2014) we plan to have a ceremony or event that includes some sort of vow renewal ceremony.

 ------
 What sounds annoy you the most?

Source

The only "sound" that really annoys me is when there are multiple sounds going on at once. An example of that is when I'm playing music on my computer, and then my husband does and then he starts playing guitar. With these many sounds, it sets off my multiple sensory issues and causes my brain to freak out a bit. 

-----

If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?

Source

We currently do not have any children (we plan to), but I would probably pick all girls. The reason being is because that I am a female, and know the female gender. I feel that if I had boys, I would be at a lost for words on how to take care of them. What we are hoping for is one boy and one girl. Even if we don't get that, we'll be happy with whatever children come into our lives.

------

Do you believe in alternative medicine?


Yes! It may not be for some people, but alternative medicine has saved my life and brought me into a whole new sense of wellness and being. Since I've cut out all pre-processed foods, chemicals, etc. and used natural supplements and herbs, I've felt the healthiest in my entire life.  Other people can use whatever they think is the best for them, but I use supplements and cures that have been around for thousands of years and are tested by time

------

Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it?



In  a heartbeat, no questions asked.

-----




13 comments:

  1. I want to do a vow renewal ceremony as well for the very same reasons. :)

    Also, that is awesome you cut out all those processed foods. Our bodies weren't meant to digest chemicals like high fructose corn syrup or aspartame! (In fact, aspartame gives me extreme headaches, even in small quantities like chewing gum.)

    This is very sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except, my vow renewal will be more for me than for family. More for me to do it how I want to do it, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. Even now, I know if there is HFCS in my food, I get rather ill when that happens.

    And I totally get what you mean about doing it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yeah, girls scare the crap out of me; I'll take my boys any day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of thought-provoking questions and ideas here! I love it! We had a vow renewal ceremony one year after we married in Japan, because we were the only two present at our wedding in Japan. Friends and family really had fun at our second wedding and my family felt better knowing they were there to 'bless' our marriage. A 10 year ceremony would be wonderful I think to not only renew but to be celebrating 10 years of being with the one you love!

    I like your questions and answers so much because they are right in line with my thinking! I can't wait to see if you tease any of these out in detail in future posts on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lindsey, your welcome! I don't have any children yet, and the prospect of being a parent scares me (I'm afraid I'll screw them up!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @K, I totally agree about the vow renewal ceremony. It sounds like a wonderful idea for us and I cannot wait! You'll defintley see me put out ideas on the alternative health part of those questions, in fact, if you go a couple weeks back, I talk about a tincture (herbal) thing that I made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vow renewal ceremony sounds like such a neat idea. I'm sure your friends/family will enjoy it, too.

    My 5QF answers are posted HERE if you'd like to take a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Amy! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the vow renewal! How romantic and exciting! Thanks for sharing more about yourself. And I'm also a firm believer in alternative medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought about doing a vow renewal with my (now ex). I've since decided I'm going to have a celebrate Jen day. I'm going to wear something that makes me feel beautiful. I'm going to tell myself how wonderful I am, and why I want to spend the rest of my life with ME. And then I'm going to eat all of my favorite foods. ALL of my friends are invited, but the invitation will specifically state that only those who WANT to be there are allowed.

    I don't want people there who are just coming because they feel like they have to, or anything like that. If they want to come celebrate me with me, great, otherwise... just stay home.

    And... If I was going to have kids, I'd want boys. But I don't plan on having any children other than a cat, a horse, and a goat. (Maybe one day some chickens or a dog... Who knows?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jennie, thank you! I'm really excited to do something that I feel is for us and by us and about us.

    I didn't know you are a firm believer in alternative marriage! You'll have to tell me more about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jen, that is a great idea. A excellent idea actually. I'm going to make sure our vow renewal has all those ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!