June 21, 2011

Summer Bucket List

Thanks to Fond of Blonde for the inspiration this week!

Improving my way of writing is a goal that I've recently acquired and I do hope this will help! I've chosen to work with prompt #3 today, which reads, Create a bucket list of 50 things you want to do this summer (with or without the kids!).
Here goes!


Summer Bucket List

1. Get another tattoo
2. Sand down and repaint the dresser
3. Sell/donate/giveaway the pile of junk that is sitting on my floor
4. Learn how to can
5. Finish both my summer classes with above C+ grades
6. Sew myself an item of clothing
7. See Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part II at midnight
8. Go skydiving for my birthday
9. Start going on regular bike rides
10. Use public transport more then my own car
12. Meet Thich Naht Hanh (happening in August!)
13. Go swimming twice a week
14. Become a bone marrow donor
15. Read at least ten books
16. Find a part-time job
17. Make the full Oyster Dome Hike
18. Go camping
19. Start donating plasma again
20. Make sure my garden plants don't die
21. Donate blood at least once this summer
22. Go to the San Juan Islands
23. Start putting money in savings for a down payment on a house
24. Lose one pants size
25. Practice the piano three-to-four times a week
26. Watch the entire ALIAS series all over again
27. Make it through the summer of multiple weddings and vacations and still be sane
28. Go to the Pacific Science Center
29. Visit Victoria, Canada
30. Buy some vintage clothing
31. Enter a 5K and walk/run it
32. Volunteer with a local organization
33. Attend other church's/faiths/religions/etc.
34. Go to Enchanted Village/Wild Waves
35. Spent more time with my kitty
36. Go a whole week without one body part or another hurting
37. Learn how to cook five new recipes
38. Start planning my Halloween costume
39. Put together my photo portfolio
40. Save some money up for a DSLR camera
41. Spend less time on Facebook
42. Spend more time on walks, yoga and meditation
43. Finish up the back porch area
44. See a movie at the Fairhaven Outdoor Cinema
45. Learn one new skill
46. Start putting together my personal cookbook
47. Go on the Gin & Sin Walking Tour
48. Rent a kayak for a day
49. Spend more time with my husband
50. Start writing my book/autobiography













8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to start doing this! Doing these little writers workshops ever weeks really helps sharpen my writing. I'm still not sure which prompt I want to do this week.

    And I love #26!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose what I thought to be the easiest prompt and in the process of writing the bucket list found out it is hard to put fifty things you want to do in one summer. Took me about an hour.

    And yes, #26 is quite awesome. It is a yearly tradition for me to watch the series all-the-way thru. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally awesome. I need to watch it again. I need some Sydney inspiration.

    And yeah, I decided not to do that prompt because I'm not sure there's a way I could come up with 50 things. Yours were all really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that show. It's where my TV watching really started. :p

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, Becky! If you want to learn a skill related to art or metalworking, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! That sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the pictures of the new nail project you started. That is amazing. Do you think that is something that could work on a dresser, or is it only on something like a porch? I'd be interested in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dresser probably wouldn't work, because the nails would be too long. You may be able to do it with something like furniture tacks, but you have to hammer quite vigorously, so it would have to be a rustic sort of piece.

    Things I can teach you to do include:

    Mixing and using henna on skin and drums
    Making silver rings
    Making earrings
    Drawing the figure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! That would be lovely. I'll have to get back to you on that. I'll think about it while camping. Thank you so much. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!