June 9, 2011

Meeting Your Muse - Inga Muscio

On Wednesday of this week, I was given the chance to meet my favourite author, Inga Musico


Inga is the author of the controversial book, Cunt : A Declaration of Independence, and most recently Rose : Love in Violent Times. Another one of her previous works, Autobiography of a Blue-eyed Devil is being re-released sometime in 2012. 

It was in a used-bookstore over in Fairhaven where I first spied Cunt on the shelves. It's bright colors and large block lettering first drew my eye to it. 


As soon as I read the title, I knew I had to have the book.

I took the book home and devoured it within a few days. Every preconception I might have had from glancing at the title was washed away. Inga is one of those writers that you'll either love or hate, and I happen to love her. At times, when I read what she is written, I'll be angry or frustrated and not want to listen to it, sometimes it even takes three readings of the same paragraph (at different times) to let the words make sense in my brain.

I was so lucky to get to meet her at Village Books, with their wonderful Author Read's events! I brought my copies of Rose and Cunt to be signed.



And I even bought this adorably wicked t-shirt.



And, I ended buying three more books



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so awesome! I'm so glad you told me about this post. I met Chris Crutcher before. He's a YA author and speaks out a lot against censorship. He autographed Sledding Hill for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I haven't heard of Chris Crutcher before, but I am so glad that you were able to meet him! What was your favourite part about meeting him?

    P.S. Speaking out against censorship is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!