June 14, 2011

Herbal Remedies : Cramps

To my lovely female readers, I'm sure that you've dealt with monthly cramps most of your life. This is something, that up until Monday, I had not had the chance to deal with in several years. Because of bodily issues with my health, it prevented these (and other normal female functions) from happening. 

To my surprise and excitement, it did happen, but along with it came these godawful cramps. Being a person who tries to stay away from any man-made prescriptions or pills (because of their effects on my body), I was trying to figure out what could work for me. 

My husband was able to visit Living Earth Herbs here in Bellingham and pick up a couple of things for me.

Herbal Remedy : Menstrual Cramps

First you'll take some 

Cramp Bark
and put one tablespoon of Cramp Bark per eight ounces of water that you put in. After boiling it for ten minutes at a lower temperature,

Put in one teaspoon of 
Skullcap

 per eight oounces. You then let that steep for a bit and get it up to a boil for 10 minutes. 

And you are all done. 

---------

Cramp Bark is typically used to alleviate the pain that is associated with cramps and menstruation and Skullcap is used to allievate the stress and anxiety with it. By infusing them together, you have something that will relieve the pain as well as the anxiety.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!