June 7, 2011

Become a Donor

Today, I was surfing around Blogger and reading a few blogs, and I came across this one, Alice's Bucket List. Alice is a fifteen year girl who has been fighting cancer for almost four years and losing. This brave girl has fought hard, but knows this is probably going to be a losing battle for her. In spite of it all, she still has goals, dreams and wishes and has created her Bucket List.

One of the items on the Bucket List is, "To make everyone sign up to be a bone marrow donor."

I thought about it for a few minutes and figured, why not, if I can help someone in need, who needs it, why not. I'm already a blood donor and organ donor, I can be a bone marrow donor as well.
So, this is for you Alice, today I signed up as a Bone Marrow Donor.

This is Alice

To sign up as a donor, visit Be The Match at the National Marrow Donor Program. You fill out a few forms to make sure you are medically well to be able to do it and your kit (which is cheek swabs) come in the mail in 7-10 days. Everyone sign up and help make her dream come true!

2 comments:

  1. I have been a donor since 1989. I had an almost match last year, but it's nice to be there 'just in case."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that. I cannot believe I was not a donor before now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!