May 22, 2011

A Rambling Hike - Fragrance Lake*

It's been sometime since I have taken a real hike, and today I decided to change that. I wanted to prove to myself that I was able to do it all by myself. It was a beautiful day, a little grey, but beautiful.

I ended driving out to Chuckanut Drive and hiking about four miles (1.9 miles, each way) up to Fragrance Lake. On the hike, I felt really grateful to live in such a beautiful area.

Veins of a tree laid bare

Endor

Ripples in a pond

It's a jungle out there!

Step up!

Treetops

Mushrooms

Blooming Flower
Up a tree

...and a little closer


Fairy Home
Fragrance Lake

4 comments:

  1. I love Fragrance Lake! Although the hike is much more the star of the show than the lake. Glad you had a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never knew you lived somewhere so beautiful! I would want to be out there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @insearchofbalance, I'll defintley agree with you on that. The one thing I didn't think of was how sore I would be the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jennie, isn't it gorgeous? I absolutely love it here, if you ever get a chance you should come up and visit!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!